Justin Palardy then booted a 44-yard field goal and the expa

Guesra à l'algérienne

Justin Palardy then booted a 44-yard field goal and the expa

Messagepar wangshi » 07 Déc 2017, 01:43

RENTON, Wash. Christian Pulisic Jersey . - During one of the most successful coaching careers in football, Pete Carroll rarely has committed errors. He did at Southern California with Clay Matthews, and Carroll still shakes his head about it.A defensive mastermind throughout his years in pro and college football, Carroll always has had an eye for talented linebackers. Somehow, he didnt immediately see the skill in Matthews, a third-generation player who wasnt much more than a special teams guy early on with the Trojans.On Sunday, Carrolls Seahawks (13-4) will face Matthews Packers (13-4) in the NFC championship game. Carroll loves what he sees out of Matthews, a five-time Pro Bowler — even though the coach didnt recognize that playmaking ability back at USC.Thats a really interesting story, Carroll began. Clay comes from a great family, an SC family: dad, uncle and all of that had been All-Americans and All-Pros. ... His older brother was a walk-on player before him.When Clay came in he was 208 pounds and he didnt run really well. He wasnt really strong, but he loved playing and he tried really hard.Carroll paused, looking as if he wanted to smack himself upside the head before he continued with the SC saga.Unfortunately, this is one of the great mistakes that I missed in my coaching at SC was how good of a player he was, Carroll added. I had said going in I think maybe his junior year, somebody asked me about Clay Matthews, and I said, I think he might be one of the best special teamers to ever play at USC. He was a great player on (special) teams.I knew I couldnt really validate that, but I was blowing him up because he was a great kid.Fast-forward to Matthews final season with the Trojans. He was not a starter when top-ranked Southern Cal was losing at Oregon State. Searching for some answers, Carroll turned to Matthews.The Trojans still lost, but Carroll realized hed missed the mark earlier with Matthews.We put him in the game, and we said, We know Clay will do the right thing, Carroll said. He started playing there, and hes been a great player since the time he was given the opportunity to show it. He was always there banging away, always there fighting, clawing and scratching.Maybe because of the way he came up, it took him a long time to develop, and (we) didnt recognize the great heart that he had, and unbelievable competitiveness and the great savvy that he demonstrates now. Its really one of my big misses. I should have figured that out a lot sooner than I did. He made the rest of it history and been an extraordinary player ever since.Matthews consistently has performed in the NFL better than many of Carrolls other USC linebackers: Brian Cushing, Rey Maualuga, Keith Rivers, et al. This season, Packers co-ordinator Dom Capers has moved Matthews from outside to inside and back, and Green Bays defence stepped up in the second half of the schedule.The Southern Cal days are far behind for Matthews, who went 26th overall to Green Bay in the 2009 draft and was runner-up to Pittsburgh safety Troy Polamalu for NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 2010. He seemed to pay little attention to the fact Carroll will be on the other sideline Sunday, other than praising Carrolls achievements.Uh, you know he had a successful program at SC in my tenure there and years prior, and after me leaving, Matthews said. So its always interesting how coaches will deal with the next level, and hes obviously doing a fantastic job. Hes got the right athletes in place to help his scheme out, and hes doing a great job. Youve got to tip your hat to him.Carroll admitted he observes the work of Matthews and every other Trojan in the NFL, even though he only occasionally reaches out to Matthews.Not too much, he said of communicating with his former player. But because its the SC family, everybody is always kind of keeping track of everybody else. We always have an eye on each other, I think.___AP Sports Writers Tim Booth and Genaro C. Armas contributed to this report.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Alexander Isak Jersey . His head snapped back from the impact and hit the floor. The All-Star power forward was all right afterward, a relief for the Minnesota Timberwolves. Marcel Schmelzer Jersey . Levante, which had lost five straight including a Copa del Rey game last weekend, fell behind at its Ciutat de Valencia stadium when Ionut Sapanura opened the scoring for Elche in the 26th minute. http://www.dortmundfcshop.com/c-17-lukasz-piszczek-fc-borussia-dortmund-jersey.aspx . As Valanciunas was whistled for a rare technical toward the end of the third quarter - a result of waving his hand at an official after being called for a foul - Lowry pulled the Raptors sophomore aside, corralling him by his jersey and patting him on the back.REGINA -- It didnt take much time for Brett Swain to feel comfortable in a Saskatchewan Roughriders jersey -- about 15 minutes, in fact. The rookie slotback hauled in two touchdowns Saturday to help lead the defending Grey Cup champs to a 21-17 victory over the Ottawa Redblacks in a CFL pre-season contest at Mosaic Stadium. "I just had no idea what I was about to get myself into," Swain said. "The possessions and being on and off the field and not being able to make adjustments and doing everything on the run a I think I got used to all of that by the second quarter." Thats when veteran quarterback Darian Durant entered the game. Durant orchestrated a 91-yard scoring drive with his first possession, one that was capped with an 18-yard touchdown pass to Swain to give the Riders a 14-10 lead. Swains second touchdown of the game came on the Riders second offensive possession of the second half. Rookie quarterback Adam Weber found Swain for a four-yard touchdown strike, one that swelled Saskatchewans lead to 21-10. "I think (Swain) looked great," Durant said. "He has had a great camp and he has done a good job of learning the system and getting on the same page with the quarterbacks. I think hes going to have a role with us and I look forward to working more with him moving forward." With the departure of all-star slotback Weston Dressler to the NFLs Kansas City Chiefs and the retirement of the CFLs all-time leading receiver Geroy Simon, the Roughriders have a couple of holes to fill within their receiving corps. Swains debut with the Green and White should earn him more playing time in Saskatchewans second exhiibition contest on Friday against the visiting Edmonton Eskimos. Sebastian Rode Jersey. "I had a couple balls come my way and I made the most of them," said the six-foot, 200-pound Swain. "It was a slow start for me a still getting acclimated to the game, but I feel a lot more comfortable and I gained a lot of confidence today. Im excited to come in here and watch the game film and learn where I can improve." The Redblacks, on the other hand, have more than just a couple of roster vacancies. "You can see that (the Roughriders) are definitely in a rhythm and theyre communicating well and are all on the same page," said Ottawa quarterback Henry Burris, who was 5-for-6 passing for 40 yards in limited time. "Thats where were trying to get to. We have a lot of guys competing for jobs. "Other teams are just trying to plug a few holes. Were trying to put the whole kit and caboodle together here. We have a good idea of what we have, but we need to all be singing from the same sheet of music." Chevon Walker scored the Redblacks first touchdown, a one-yard plunge, which was set up thanks to Jamill Smiths 77-yard punt return to Saskatchewans two-yard line. Justin Palardy then booted a 44-yard field goal and the expansion Redblacks owned a 10-0 lead midway through the first quarter. Thomas Demarco played under centre for much of the second half for Ottawa and completed 4-of-7 pass attempts for 97 yards. His lone touchdown strike came on a 60-yard pass-and-run with receiver Travon Patterson in the third quarter. The Redblacks will visit the Montreal Alouettes on Friday, their second and final exhibition game. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
wangshi

Retourner vers El Kheyma