Its not a must win for the Argos, but a victory would go a l

Guesra à l'algérienne

Its not a must win for the Argos, but a victory would go a l

Messagepar wangshi » 07 Déc 2017, 01:48

CLEVELAND -- The Raptors arent officially in the NBA playoffs. Danny Santana Jersey . They dont look ready for them, either. Dion Waiters scored 24 points, Luol Deng added 19 and the Cleveland Cavaliers prevented Toronto from getting closer to a post-season spot with a 102-100 win over the sloppy Raptors on Tuesday night. Toronto fell behind by 21 points in the third quarter, and then battled back to take a 95-94 lead. But the Raptors fell apart in the final minutes. With their fourth loss in six games, the Raptors dropped one-half game behind Chicago for the No. 3 playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. "We gotta get back to who we are," Raptors coach Dwane Casey said in disgust. "Its easy to get up for OKC, Miami and Indiana, but the other teams are playing for something too, which is pride. That can be even more dangerous." Despite playing without All-Star point guard Kyrie Irving, who missed his fifth straight game with a strained biceps tendon, the Cavs were able to hold on and snap a five-game losing streak at home. "It was a good win by our guys," coach Mike Brown said. "Thats a playoff team. They were playing good basketball. In a game like that, maybe earlier in the season we might have lost, especially coming down the stretch when a team makes a run against us. Our guys found a way to win." Kyle Lowry scored 22 and Terrence Ross had 16 for the Raptors, who had a chance to tie it in the final seconds but guard Greivis Vasquez lost his footing and committed a turnover with 1.9 seconds left. "I was trying to spin and I lost my balance," Vasquez said. "It was just a bad play for me. It was me going to my weak hand and I lost my balance, stepped kind of weird. I turned the ball over. Ill take responsibility. Im not going to run away. Im a man. I wish I could be in that position again so we have another opportunity tomorrow (at Boston)." Toronto took a 95-94 lead on Vasquezs 3-pointer with 6:45 remaining, but the Raptors went just 1 of 9 from the floor and scored five points the rest of the way. Tristan Thompson added 15 points and 13 rebounds and Jarret Jack had 13 points for Cleveland, which kept its faint playoff hopes alive. The Cavs trail idle Atlanta by 4 1/2 games for the No. 8 playoff slot. The Raptors may be closing in on their first post-season appearance since 2008, but the Atlantic Division leaders looked out of sorts at both ends. They fought back from a big deficit, but fell apart with the game on the line. Toronto missed three free throws in the final 4:26, but still had a chance to force overtime or possibly steal their 40th win after forcing a Cleveland turnover on an errant inbounds pass with 7.8 seconds to go. But Vasquez, who finished with 16 points, drove the left side and slipped about 10 feet from the basket. As he fell, Vasquez flung the ball in desperation and it was intercepted on the right side by Deng. Vasquez remained on the floor for a few seconds grabbing his ankle before he limped off the court. "It was a handoff to Greivis to turn the corner," Casey said. "I thought he turned it pretty well and his ankle went out on him. But one play was not when we lost that game. The game was decided with the way we played in the first quarter." However, Toronto didnt execute when it needed to and lost to a Cleveland team playing for nothing more than pride. At least the Cavs overcame their own mistakes, something theyve rarely done during this disappointing season. "We just stayed with it," Waiters said. "We didnt get rattled and made plays when we needed to." Clevelands offence was clicking early on. The Cavs recorded assists on eight of their first 10 buckets, opened a 14-point lead in the first quarter and pushed their advantage to 18 in the second. Toronto made three 3-pointers -- the Raptors had eight 3s in the first half -- in a span of 1:27 to climb within 49-40, but Cleveland regrouped and led 59-45 at halftime. NOTES: The Cavs are 12-11 since Feb. 7. ... Toronto was just 16 of 26 from the line. ... Irving rode a stationary bike on the side as the Cavs went through their morning shootaround. Afterward, Irving looked good doing some shooting drills. Brown said Irving is "closer" to returning, but its not guaranteed the third-year pro will play again this season. ... Raptors F Patrick Patterson (right ulnar collateral sprain) missed his 10th consecutive game. He was cleared to resume contact practices Monday. Justin Morneau Jersey .com) - Rick Nash scored twice and Derek Stepan chipped in a goal with one assist as the New York Rangers claimed a 5-2 decision over Calgary at the Saddledome. Kennys Vargas Jersey . -- Jerel Worthy and his Michigan State teammates charged across the field, holding four fingers in the air while celebrating another sweet victory over their biggest rival. http://www.mlbtwinsonline.com/authentic-byung-ho-park-twins-jersey/ ." Bach is in Rome for the European Olympic Committees general assembly and meetings with Pope Francis. He also visited with Italian Premier Enrico Letta. "The prime minister appeared to be interested in a bid from Italy for 24, because he has realized that the games can serve as a catalyst for development for a city and a country," Bach told The Associated Press on Saturday.Maybe its an Ontario thing. The CFL East was indeed the CFL Least for the first half of the season. Wins were rare for all four teams. When it came to glancing at the standings, most observers in Toronto were looking down the QEW to find out what Hamilton was doing. Meanwhile, Ticat followers kept a close eye on their provincial counterparts to see what they were up to. Nobody paid much attention to the team from Montreal. Thats changed. It was easy to discount the Als early in the season. They had a great defence, but their offence was pedestrian at best. Jonathan Crompton took over at quarterback during an Aug. 22 game against Winnipeg and has been able to do what neither Troy Smith nor Alex Brink could do before him and thats make the offence work. Argonauts head coach Scott Milanovich, who spent five seasons on the Als coaching staff - the last four as offensive coordinator before moving to Toronto - says that his old clubs current success comes down to the basics. I think their quarterback is playing well, Milanovich told TSN.ca. Their running game has really picked up and theyre not turning it over. It sounds like a simple formula for success and by football standards it is. But the coach doesnt limit the turnaround to just the offensive side of the ball. Their defence has continued to play well, which they have all season, added the coach, before talking more about the Als offence. Theyre making plays when they have the opportunity and their quarterback is getting the ball to the guys who can make plays. Argo Shea Emry did a longer tour of duty in Montreal than his head coach. The middle linebacker spent six seasons in bleu, blanc et rouge before signing a free-agent deal with the double blue in the off-season. He again looked at one of the basic tenets of football as a reason why the Alouettes offence has improved to the degree it has. I think theyre just consistent, said Emry. Theyve been producing. Whatever theyve done with bringing in different coaches and associates and advisors, or whatever you want to call them, theyve done a good job at solidifying who their starting quarterback is. Thats a big thing for a team to know whos leading the ship, continued the linebacker. For them its Crompton and hes been doing a great job, obviously, with his record as a starter (5-1). Its not the firstt game against his former team. Chris Young Jersey. On Aug. 1, Emry and his teammates traveled to McGill and put a 31-5 beating on the home side. It doesnt mean that this weeks game is any less significant. It always means something when you play against your old mates, admitted the Richmond, B.C. native. Itll be a lot of fun, but at the same time it takes a heightened level of focus to go out there and perform and not get lost in the old relationships and to make sure youre not going too hard, or youre not going hard enough and balancing those types of things. The last game between these two teams that truly meant something was the 2012 Eastern Final, played at Olympic Stadium. The Argos came back from a 17-7 first-half deficit, took a 27-20 lead, before a last-second potential TD pass to Brian Bratton went for naught and the Argos went on to win the 100th Grey Cup a week later. That game featured a match-up of two of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play in the CFL, Anthony Calvillo and Ricky Ray. Calvillo has since retired, but Ray remains at the helm of the Argos and says they havent taken the Als lightly, despite their slow start. Weve been in the same boat as them all year too, said Ray. Theyre one of the hotter teams here in the east, we definitely know theyre a good team. Theyve got good players and theyre more than capable of going out there and playing a great game. The quarterback, who turns 35 next week, says that much like their offence, the Alouettes defence also has a new look. Theyve changed quite a bit, to be honest, from the beginning of the year until now, explained Ray. Theyre not as aggressive with some of the stuff that theyre doing, but theyve got those veteran guys that have been playing over there for a long time and they just do things well. Its not a must win for the Argos, but a victory would go a long way toward clinching a playoff spot. It would give them a two-point lead over Montreal with just three games left and more importantly it would give them the tie-breaker against the Als should the teams finish in a dead heat. That means that two wins for the Argos in their last three games would leave them ahead of Montreal, even if the Alouettes win out. If the Als win it sets up what could an incredibly important game at Molson Stadium in two weeks. This should be fun. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
wangshi

Retourner vers El Kheyma