The Orioles tied it in the third on a two-out RBI single by

Guesra à l'algérienne

The Orioles tied it in the third on a two-out RBI single by

Messagepar wangshi » 07 Déc 2017, 02:17

GLENDALE, Ariz. Andy Andreoff Jersey . -- When Mike Ribeiro first arrived in Phoenix, he wasnt sure how he would fit in, on the ice and in the locker room. Having the added honus of being the scoring saviour on a team thats needed one for a decade didnt help much. Once Ribeiro found his comfort level with his new teammates and role on his new team, the points started flowing -- and havent stopped since. Ribeiro scored two goals for the second straight game and extended his points streak to seven games, lifting the Coyotes to a 4-2 win over the Calgary Flames Tuesday night. "It took a while for me to get comfortable with the guys and for them to know me and, I guess to like me," Ribeiro said. "So now that we did that, Im comfortable and its fun to come to work." Ribeiro had a quiet start in the desert after signing a four-year, $22 million contract, failing to register a point his first three games. Realizing he had been thinking too much instead of reacting, Ribeiro shifted his game into a new, freewheeling gear, starting with an assist in Phoenixs 3-0 win over Detroit on Oct. 10 that kick-started what had been an awful start to a five-game road trip. Ribeiro hasnt stopped scoring since, notching two goals against the Red Wings in Phoenixs comeback victory on Saturday and two more against Calgary, including the game-winner just a few minutes after the Flames tied it in the third period. Rob Klinkhammer added an empty-net goal for Phoenix, which has earned 12 of a possible 14 points in its past seven games. The Coyotes, with 14 points (6-2-2), are off to their best start since opening the 2000-01 season 7-1-2. "He likes to make a difference in games and hes doing that for us right now," Coyotes coach Dave Tippett said. The Coyotes needed Ribeiros big night after a couple of defensive miscues allowed the Flames back into a game they had been dominated in for most of the first two periods. Sluggish after facing Los Angeles the night before, Calgary fell behind 2-0 in the second period after Radim Vrbatas 200th career goal and Ribeiros first of the night. The Flames finally found some life late in the second, using a turnover to set up Lee Stempniaks goal in the second period and another that led to Joe Colbornes breakaway goal early in the third. Calgary couldnt sustain it, though, unable to get anything past Mike Smith the rest of the third period to lose for the third time during a five-game road trip that ends at Dallas on Thursday. Jiri Hudler had an assist to extend his season-opening points streak to nine games for the Flames. "The first period, we didnt skate very well, I felt our energy level was not very good, we were not throwing enough pucks at the net," Flames coach Bob Hartley said. "The second period, we got going. I really liked our last 40 minutes. We gave ourselves a chance to win the game." Phoenix wanted to jump on the Flames early after they played the night before and did just that, scoring on a power play when Vrbata gathered a pass from Keith Yandle and wristed it past Joey MacDonald from the right circle for his fifth goal of the season. Phoenix was at its defensive best early on as well, blocking shots and pushing the Flames toward the boards while holding them to three shots in the first period. Ribeiro made it 2-0 in the second period, raising his stick waist high to deflect a shot by Mikkel Boedker past MacDonald. "They took it to us in the first period," Stempniak said. "I didnt think we played very well, lost a lot of puck battles. Calgary finally showed some life late in the second period, with Stempniak scoring late on a rebound and Colborne tying it early in the third. Ribeiro came through again less than three minutes later. Set up to the right of MacDonald, he ripped a one-timer from a tough angle on another crossing pass from Yandle, putting the Coyotes up 3-2 with his fifth of the season. The Flames tried to generate a final push, but Smith made some big saves and Klinkhammer sealed Phoenixs victory with his fourth of the season. "It wasnt a masterpiece, lets put it that way," Tippett said. "It was a quirky game that could have gone a lot of different ways." It ended up in Phoenixs favour, thanks to Ribeiro. NOTES: Both teams played without their captains. Phoenixs Shane Doan was out with a lower-body injury and Calgarys Mark Giordano was scratched after leaving during pregame warm-ups. ... The Coyotes recalled F Brandon Yip before the game and sent F Tim Kennedy to Portland of the AHL before the game. Yip started in place of Doan. ... Hudler has 12 points in nine games this season. Tanner Pearson Jersey .com) - Rakeem Christmas scored 21 points, B. Marcel Dionne Jersey . Phoenix originally signed Barbosa to a 10-day contract on Jan. 8 after Eric Bledsoe injured his knee and then signed him to another 10-day deal. http://www.officialkingshockey.com/Anze-Kopitar-Jersey/ .com) - In the absence of Dwight Howard, Donatas Motiejunas had a career night to keep the Houston Rockets winning streak alive.ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Despite their inability to get a hit with runners in scoring position, the Los Angeles Angels managed to scrape together enough runs to get Jered Weaver a well-earned victory. Kole Calhoun drew a bases-loaded walk from reliever Brian Matusz in the eighth inning after a tying RBI double by Erick Aybar, and the Angels pulled out a 3-2 win over the Baltimore Orioles on Wednesday night. "Koles developed into a player thats very comfortable in the batters box against righties or lefties, and hes going to give you that tough at-bat," manager Mike Scioscia said. "Hes going to grind it out every which way, no matter what the situation is. He did a good job with the bases loaded. If he got a pitch in the zone, youre confident hes going to put a good swing on it. He didnt get one this time and took his walk. That was a great at-bat." The Angels, who came in leading the majors in runs scored, stranded two runners in scoring position in the first, fifth and sixth innings. The Angels were 0 for 12 in those situations Wednesday, and 3 for 25 during the three-game series. Weaver (11-6) allowed two runs and six hits through eight innings, striking out six and walking none before the Angels recorded their major league-best 31st come-from-behind win. The right-hander won his fourth straight decision. "My fastball command has been pretty good the last couple of games, and I feel like Im getting stronger every time out," Weaver said. "So I just want to keep working on it and keep establishing it because it sets up everything else. It was nice to keep us in it, limit the pitch count early and get deep in the game. Then the offence took care of the rest later on." Orioles right-hander Chris Tillman allowed a run and five hits over six innings, stranded seven runners in scoring position and picked off another at second base before handing a 2-1 lead to Tommy Hunter. Josh Hamilton led off the eighth with a bloop single off Hunter (2-2) and came all the way around on Aybars double to left-centre. A two-out intentional walk to Efren Navarro and another walk to Chris Iannetta loaded the bases for Calhoun, who walked on a 3-1 pitch. "I dont think it really got away from me. I thought I pitched pretty well," Hunter said. "I didnt feel like I was juust missing. Jeff Zatkoff Jersey. I felt like I was making pretty quality pitches and they just didnt swing at them. They got a hit and a couple of walks. Thats the way the story unfolded tonight." Huston Street pitched a hitless ninth for his first save since joining the Angels last Friday in a trade with the San Diego Padres. Baltimore took a 2-1 lead in the sixth when David Lough singled with two outs, stole second and scored on Adam Jones flare to short right field. Eight of the Orioles 10 runs in the series came with two outs. Ryan Flaherty, starting at third base for the second straight game because of Manny Machados stiff back, made a diving backhanded stop of Mike Trouts first-inning grounder behind the bag but couldnt get the throw to first in time. Trout scored on Albert Pujols single high off the 18-foot wall in right-centre. "Thats a do-or-die play with him," Flaherty said of Trouts infield hit. "When he hits a ball like that youve got to hope he trips in order to get him out." Pujols RBI was his 31st in his last 34 games and 66th this season. The three-time NL MVP had at least 100 RBIs in 10 of his first 11 big league seasons. The only exception was 2011, when he had 99. "Alberts important to us. We dont need him to carry us, but we need him to do what hes capable of. And were seeing it," Scioscia said. "Alberts last 50 at-bats, I think youre able to see that hes been able to use the whole field and hes finding that swing. Tonight he drove the ball to right-centre to score Mike and then hit a double down the line." The Orioles tied it in the third on a two-out RBI single by Nick Markakis after Flaherty hit a ground-rule double and tagged up on Nick Hundleys fly ball. NOTES: Pujols cousin, former major league catcher and coach Luis Pujols, currently manages the Orioles Single-A Carolina League farm club in Frederick, Maryland. ... Tillmans 32 victories since July 4, 2012 are the second-most in the majors behind reigning AL Cy Young Award winner Max Scherzer whom the Angels are scheduled to face Thursday night in the opener of a four-game series with Detroit. ... The Angels placed OF Grant Green on the 15-day DL, retroactive to July 21, because of a back strain and recalled 1B/OF C.J. Cron from Triple-A Salt Lake. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
wangshi

Retourner vers El Kheyma